Who belongs in RCIA adapted for Children?
- Unbaptized children (over the age of 7) or teens (catechumens)
- Baptized but uncatechized children who have little understanding of God or church (candidate)
- Children baptized in another Christian faith (candidate)
- Parents (optional)- It is very important to directly include parents
Articles about RCIA Adapted for Children
Six Proven Ways to Improve your Children’s RCIA – by TEAM RCIA
Program Resources for RCIA Adapted for Children
Materials designed specifically for RCIA adapted for children:
- Young Apprentices – Published by RCL/Benziger – Online subscription with reproducible materials. Includes Catholic doctrine and lectionary reading reflections for dismissal.
- Friends on the Way – Published by Team RCIA – Downloadable resource that includes a dismissal and a catechetical session based on the weekly readings.
- Journey of Faith – Published by Liguori (Newly Revised) – Focus on Catholic doctrine but no connection to the weekly reading. Published in English and Spanish and available for multiple age levels including teens.
- Children of the Light– Published by World Library Publications- Manual includes 25 sessions. Each session includes faith sharing, church doctrine, and scripture. Participant materials can be printed from the included CD.
Materials that focus on core Church teachings.:
- Our Catholic Heritage– Published by RCL Benziger- Level I for elementary aged children and Level II for middle school youth.
- One Faith, One Lord– Published by Sadlier – Sixteen lessons for middle school/high school youth. Published in English and bilingual Spanish/English.
- Our Catholic Faith- Published by Sadlier – Fourteen lessons for middle school youth. Published in English and bilingual Spanish/English.
- Bridges to Faith– Published by Loyola Press- Designed for children 8-11. Published in English and bilingual Spanish/English.
- Our Catholic Identity– Published by RCL- Workbooks for grades 1-8. Published in English and bilingual Spanish/English.