If you are new to the RCIA, we are here to help! If you need assistance, please contact Michele McHale-Pickard at The Office of Formation and Discipleship or one of the Forum Members.
Books and Print Information
Although there are many publications about RCIA, the the books below are a good place to start.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults published by Liturgy Training Publications (English), (Spanish)- This is the U.S. Bishop’s document about the RCIA
- Celebrating Initiation, A Guide for Priests, by Paul Turner-A detailed guide about the rites. Written for clergy but a great resource for those leading RCIA
- Top five RCIA Resources for Your Team – Team RCIA
- Q&A on RCIA – USCCB Publication
- RCIA How Are We Doing? A Self Assessment Tool Published by RCL Benziger
- An Introduction to the RCIA, by Ronald Lewinski,
- Guide for Celebrating Christian Initiation with Adults, by Victoria Tufano, Paul Turner and D. Todd Williamson
- Field Hospital Catechesis by Nick Wagner- A good primer on the purpose and core content of the catechumenate.
- Discernment in Christian Initiation by Donna Steffen, S.C. – Helps you with critical learning skills so you can help catechumens and candidates ask the right questions at the right time.
- The Way of Faith, a Field Guide for the RCIA Process by Nick Wagner – A well organized guide to help you understand and implement the RCIA
- Disciples Making Disciples: Print and Digital Resources for Forming the Assembly– A great tool with ready-made communications that help inform and engage the whole parish in the RCIA process.
- Q&A on the RCIA:
USCCB – United States Conference of Catholic Bishops link to RCIA page
Team RCIA – Webinars, podcasts and answers to your questions
Catechumenon – LTP’s Catechumeneon is a collection of training and print resources focused on Christian initiation.
Office of Formation and Discipleship Webinar Database
The Archdiocese of Atlanta does not endorse any resources or materials. Those listed below have been recommended by one or more of the Forum members.
- Sacramental Pathways – Published by Sycamore. Sycamore is free to access and use. If you want to run a course of sacramental preparation or catechesis in your parish, then take a look at the many Sycamore Pathways available for you to use.
- Apprentices in Faith– Published by RCL Benziger. Online, downloadable resources that include session plans based on the liturgical cycle.
- Journey of Faith– Published by Liguori. Published in English and Spanish, based on the period of the catechumenate, primary focus is Catholic doctrine.
- Breaking Open the Lectionary– Published by Paulist Press. Will help those who Break open the Word in RCIA and those involved in Lectionary-based faith sharing or Bible study groups.
- Living Word: Leading RCIA Dismissals (Years A, B and C) – by Leisa Anslinger, Mary A. Ehle, Biagio Mazza, Victoria M. Tufano