If you are new to the RCIA, we are here to help! If you need assistance, please contact the Cathy Marbury at The Office of Formation and Discipleship or one of the Forum Members.
Books and Print Information
Although there are many publications about RCIA, the three books below are a good place to start.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults published by Liturgy Training Publications (English), (Spanish)– This is the U.S. Bishop’s document about the RCIA
- The Way of Faith, a Field Guide for the RCIA Process, by Nick Wagner– A well organized guide to help you understand and implement the RCIA
- Celebrating Initiation, A Guide for Priests, by Paul Turner-A detailed guide about the rites. Written for clergy but a great resource for those leading RCIA
- Resources from the Office of Formation and Discipleship Resource Collection– Parish Catechetical Leaders may borrow these resources
- Team RCIA Top five RCIA Resources for Your Team
- USCCB Publication Q&A on RCIA
- RCIA How Are We Doing? A Self Assessment Tool Published by RCL Benziger
USCCB – United States Conference of Catholic Bishops link to RCIA page
Team RCIA – Webinars, podcasts and answers to your questions
Office of Formation and Discipleship Webinar Database
The Archdiocese of Atlanta does not endorse any resources or materials. Those listed below have been recommended by one or more of the Forum members.
- Apprentices in Faith– Published by RCL Benziger. Online, downloadable resources that include session plans based on the liturgical cycle.
- Journey of Faith– Published by Liguori. Published in English and Spanish, based on the period of the catechumenate, primary focus is Catholic doctrine.
- Breaking Open the Lectionary– Published by Paulist Press. Will help those who Break open the Word in RCIA and those involved in Lectionary-based faith sharing or Bible study groups.